Mobile Internet and Wi-Fi Networking Advice
Set Up a Wireless Network
Thanks to wireless technology, you can share files between computers and mobile devices, print, stream media, and get internet access--all without using cables. Here's what you need to know about Wi-Fi and how to set up and improve your home wireless network.
- What Is Wi-Fi?
- How to Set Up a Wireless Network
- Top 5 Wi-Fi Routers
- Upgrade Your Network to Faster Wi-Fi
- Find the Best Channel and Improve Your Wi-Fi Connection
- Speed Up Your Home Internet Access
- What Is an Ad Hoc Wireless Network?
- Wireless FAQs
- Troubleshoot Wireless Problems
Connect to Wi-Fi
Connect your laptop, tablet, smartphone, or other wireless device to a Wi-Fi network--whether it's a public Wi-Fi hotspot (such as a coffeeshop or hotel) or a home or business network. You can even share an internet connection with other devices wirelessly or create your own Wi-Fi network on the go.
- Set Up a Wi-Fi Connection
- Step-by-Step Wi-Fi Connection Tutorial
- Top Wi-Fi USB Adapters
- How to Share an Internet Connection over Wi-Fi (Windows)
- How to Share an Internet Connection over Wi-Fi (Mac)
- Stay Safe While Connecting to Public Wi-Fi Networks
- Find Free Wi-Fi Hotspots
- International Wi-Fi Internet Service for Travelers
- Get Wireless Internet Access in a Hotel
- Top Travel Wireless Routers
Use the Mobile Internet
Mobile internet access (a.k.a. mobile broadband) can keep you connected not just on a smartphone, but on a tablet or laptop as well. Here's how to use wireless 3G or 4G for internet access on the go, including finding the best mobile data plan and avoiding overage charges.
- Which Mobile Internet Access Option Is Best for You?
- What Is Mobile Broadband?
- The Best Individual Mobile Data Plans
- The Best Family Mobile Data Plans
- Free 4G Wireless Internet Service
- How to Get 4G or 3G on Your Laptop
- International Prepaid Internet Access
- How Much Mobile Data Do You Need?
- How To Monitor Your Mobile Data Usage
- How to Change Your Phone's APN (Access Point Name)
- How to Avoid Hefty Data Roaming Fees
- How to Avoid Data Charges on a Prepaid Mobile Data Plan
Tether Your Smartphone and Laptop
Tethering is a way to connect your cell phone to another device (usually a laptop or tablet) to share internet access. It comes in really handy when you're working on the go or need backup internet access. Here's everything you need to know about tethering.
- What Is Tethering?
- How to Use Your Cell Phone as a Modem
- Top Android Tethering Apps
- Step-by-Step Instructions for Using PdaNet for Tethering on Android