If you need a gift for a woman who loves technology or simply works with it a lot, you've come to the right place. Here are some gadget and tech-related gift ideas for women. ~ April 24, 2011
Laptop bags for women are both functional and stylish (and, like shoes, a woman can never have too many). With the wide array of designer women's laptop bags available today, it's easy to find one that can suit the unique personality and tastes of your gift recipient (just make sure you know the size of her laptop). Shown here: the McKlein Glen Ellyn Detachable Wheeled Brief (hopefully my next laptop bag purchase or gift)
Wireless accessories support and enhance our mobile lifestyles. From jewelry-like Bluetooth headsets to a keychain device that's part speakerphone, part wireless leash and part personal safety device, wireless accessories are practical and freeing. Shown here: the Jawbone ICON Thinker Bluetooth headset.
A portable wireless hotspot allows you to go online from multiple devices anywhere you have a cellular signal. The MiFi (shown here) is one of the most popular mobile hotspot devices and is available on most of the major wireless carriers. As an alternative, you could get a USB mobile broadband modem, like the Virgin Mobile USB Modem, for plug-and-play Internet to go.
Besides being functional and pretty gifts, many pink items (ereaders, office supplices, and more) and services contribute to an important cause for women and their loved ones: breast cancer awareness and research. Shown here: the Mobile Edge Komen Paris backpack.
- Top 10 Gifts for Mom That Also Give Support for Breast Cancer Research from About.com Breast Cancer
- Tote, travel, or read for the cure
Perhaps nothing is more productivity-boosting than adding a second (or third) monitor. It's one peripheral that your gift recipient will surely appreciate. Shown here: the Dell UltraSharp 2209wa (my beloved second monitor).
I love my Kindle. If your gift recipient is an avid reader, an electronic reader is a wonderful gift (and it's one of the best gifts for travelers as well).
If you really want to go all out for that techie woman in your life, a new laptop, tablet, or smartphone would be sure to please. Prices range from almost nothing (free phones with new wireless service contract) to a couple of hundred dollars for a netbook, and on up. Shown here: the HP EliteBook 2540p - a great ultraportable that's all business.
- A sleek and slim Ultrabook may be the perfect laptop. Ultrabooks are lightweight, under an inch thick, and come in a variety of styles. If price is an option, consider one of these laptops priced under $500. See About.com's PC Hardware/Reviews site for more laptop recommendations, including Best laptops under $650 -- or, if your gift recipient is more of a Mac than a PC, see About.com Macs for help selecting Mac hardware, including the MacBook or MacBook Air.
- Find a new tablet in our list of the 10 Best Android Tablets. Or see About's iPad site for a review of the iPad 2.
- How to Choose the Best Smartphone. For specific smartphone recommendations, see About's Cell Phones' selection of the best cell phones and smartphones organized by category.