The Bottom Line
- Very easy to use interface.
- Supports Office 2007 and previous versions of Office.
- Preserves all formatting and content .
- Can edit any feature of Word, Excel and PowerPoint files.
- Reasonably priced.
- Your PDA or cell phone may not be compatible.
- Quickoffice® versions are available for Palm based devices, Symbian UIQ and Nokia S60 cell phones.
- Includes versions of QuickWord, Quicksheet and Quickpoint which are compatible with their Microsoft counterparts.
- File transfer between mobile device and laptop/PC can be via Bluetooth, Infrared, USB or using a memory card.
- Nokia Mail for Exchange 2.0 can be used to open, edit and email attachments.
Guide Review - Quickoffice® Premier
Quickmanager™ 1.5 has also been updated so you'll now have printer support and additional short cut keys.
QuickOffice can be updated directly through Quickmanager over the air.
Viewing documents on the E62 showed that even Word documents which contained tables and special formatting were not a problem to view on the E62. Files that had been created on the E62 were saved and then viewed on my laptop with no issues. Any formatting that was done using Quickoffice® Premier is still there after transfer.
The only area where there were slight differences was when I had used a non-standard font on a document on my laptop, Quickoffice® used a different font that was available. Aside from that you won't have any problems creating great looking documents on your mobile device.
Quickoffice® Premier opens new ways for mobile professionals who previously did not have a way to work in Office documents on their mobile device to now do so.
When you create a new document or transfer a document to your mobile device you have the option of saving to the device's memory or to an available memory card.
If you have e-mail capabilities on your mobile device, you can also open attachments in Quickoffice® with no problems.
A few useful features that are included in the Quickoffice® programs is that you can zoom in on documents to focus on one area. Another useful feature is the ability to change the layout to Reading mode for Word documents. On a small screen this makes it much easier on the eyes.
If you need to work easily in Office documents I recommend Quickoffice®.