The Bottom Line
- Bright, crisp display
- Very lightweight.
- Reasonably priced.
- Large hard drive.
- Internal Optical Drive.
- Cannot upgrade RAM.
- Keyboard may be small for some.
- Processor: Intel® Pentium® M ULV 733 (1.1GHz)
- Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional Edition
- Display: 10.6" WXGA with AveraBrite
- Hard Drive: 80GB Ultra ATA
- Optical Drive: DVD+CD-RW
- RAM: 512MB DDR
- Connectivity: Wireless LAN 802.11b/g, Modem, Ethernet and IEEE 1394 FireWire.
- Weight: 3.6 lbs.
- Dimensions: 10.47" x 7.97" x 1.16" (Front) - 1.36" (Back) 10.47" x 7.97" x 1.16"
- Battery Life: Approx. 4 hours.
Guide Review - Averatec 1050-EB1 Notebook Computer
Battery life is pretty standard and should be enough to get you through a short flight if you don't have an external power source handy. I would suggest getting a universal power adapter just to be on the safe side.
The Averatec 1050-EB1 offers a great display with the use of their AveraBrite technology which produces clear, crisp graphics. The display has received praise right across the board and for most this makes the Averatec 1050-EB1 a winner.
I really like the fact that Averatec has managed to create such a compact notebook computer but hasn't forgotten that mobile professionals need a variety of connectivity options. You won't have to worry about working without a connection wherever you happen to be.
The Averatec 1050-EB1 also includes 2 USB 2.0 ports, VGA port, audio out and in jacks. It also includes a PCMCIA slot which will support type I and II cards and CardBus cards. An internal card reader which handles SD, MMC, Memory Stick and Memory Stick Pro media means you won't have to scramble to share or access data from digital cameras or co-workers.
If you truly want a compact and very light notebook which will travel easily and not put a strain on your wallet and back, the Averatec 1050-EB1 is a wise choice for mobile professionals. It is well suited for those that travel internationally frequently.