A leather laptop carrying case is a great choice for protecting and toting your mobile gear. Leather makes great laptop carrying cases because:
- It is puncture and tear-resistant.
- It repels moisture.
- It provides protection against heat, wind and cold.
- There are a variety of colours and textures available.
Leather laptop cases do require more in the way of cleaning and maintenance, compared to other laptop case materials but the look and feel of leather is distinct and worth the effort to maintain.
Basic Do's & Don'ts for Leather Laptop Cases:
- Use good quality cleaning and protectant products specifically made for leather products.
- Apply a surface protectant before first use and after any cleaning.
- Use a high quality leather conditioner every few months to keep the leather soft and prevent drying out.
- Allow a leather laptop case to dry at room temperature if it has gotten wet.
- Blot spills immediately with a damp soft cloth.
- Wash with warm water and soft cloth, or use a proper leather cleaner and soft cloth.
- Store in cool dry places that are well ventilated and cover with a cotton sheet or other breathable fabric.
- Put your leather laptop case anywhere near where hairspray, perfume or body sprays are being used.
- Tape or pin items into or on your leather laptop case.
- Expose to sunlight for extended periods of time.
- Saturate with water or cleaning products.
- Use shoe cream, saddle soap, cleaning fluids (not meant for leather) or mink oil on leather laptop cases.
- Never store in plastic as it will cause the leather laptop case to dry out.