The Bottom Line
- Very lightweight and compact.
- Easy to use.
- Provides talk-time and charges battery.
- Dimensions: 1.25" wide, 2.5" high, and .45" thick.
- Weight: 1.2 oz.
- Does not overheat or cause damage when charging your cell phone.
- Colour coded plastic caps identify which model of cell phone the Cell Boost is compatible with.
- Compatible with Motorola, Samsung, LG, Nokia, Siemens, Sony-Ericsson, Sanyo and BlackBerry.
- Provides 60 minutes of talk time or 60 hours of standby time.
Guide Review - Cellboost Portable Charger for Cell Phones
I received the Cellboost just prior to taking a trip where I have had problems in the past with my cell phone losing power. The timing couldn't have been better for testing this gadget.
I was very pleased with the compact size and weight of the Cell Boost - comparable to a butane lighter, just a better and more valuable purpose.
The instructions that come with the Cellboost are quite clear and to the point. You are warned not to leave the Cellboost in your phone for more than an hour and with the Cell Boost for my cell phone, there is a Release Button to use when disconnecting the Cellboost from the cell phone.
The purpose of the Cellboost is to provide emergency charging for your cell phone and it's a gadget that is priced very economically for what you get and therefore worth having a couple in your laptop case isn't a bad idea.
In the past when my cell battery ran low, and I had no access to a charger I'd have to contact people with someone else's phone or use a land-line to stay in touch. Now I can use the Cellboost and keep my cell phone battery charged from any location.
Once the Cellboost has been used, you just dispose of it in a safe manner and use another when needed.
The Cellboost is available from a variety of retailers and should be an item that you have in your laptop case on every business trip. It is one of those mobile gadgets that you shouldn't leave home without.