Making sure your laptop is ready to run at all times and in any location is important for mobile office professionals. Help protect and extend your laptop's battery life with these simple steps.
Time Required: Varies
- Use the correct recharging procedure for your laptop. Only use the power cord that came with your laptop or an authorized replacement.
- Follow correct maintenance for your battery when not in use. Don't leave it in direct sunlight, areas where it will be exposed to extreme temperatures such as car trunks.
- Use your laptop's power management features. The system will run at lower processor speeds when enabling power management features and it will go into "sleep" mode faster when inactive.
- Buy batteries with internal processors such as Li-Ion batteries.
- Non Li-Ion batteries must be fully discharged and then recharged every 2-3 weeks.
- If you don't use your laptop for a period of time, you must fully discharge then recharge the battery.